Bill and Juanita, owners of Allenspark Lodge B&B, are living their dream...

running a successful business and riding as often as possible.



Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dressage? Really?

I got to play videographer for GunDiva's first dressage lesson today...and we both learned a lot and had a great time.  Hop over to Tales from the Trail and have a look.  I got some insight into an issue I have and learned more about how the mechanics of the body affect the horse.  I have learned a great deal from Mark Rashid clinics on horse movement and that our bodies have a huge 'cause and effect' on how our horses behave.  This just added to that stockpile of info and even though it was darn cold out there, I thoroughly enjoyed the time as it flew by.  Two hours went really, really fast!
Juanita

2 comments:

  1. I'll be a cantering fool by the time Estes comes home!

    And I might be able to crack walnuts with my thighs by then :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I always got out of the lessons, too--an awareness of how the slightest movement affects the horse. It was hard for me to take in all of that data! Good luck, Gun Diva!

    ReplyDelete

I had to turn verification back on. Ten "spams" an hour is making me crazy...