Bill and Juanita, owners of Allenspark Lodge B&B, are living their dream...

running a successful business and riding as often as possible.



Monday, April 29, 2013

Strolling ...

It was just too nice today to not get the horses out.  Jesse promptly stuck her head in the halter; Ranger was even amenable.  Jesse did have a huge mud rump that I chose to NOT brush, as it was really wet.  Besides, it made her look like she had her spots back (she is a paint, you know).
We turned the corner and spotted the Post Mistress out for her lunch time walk.
She strode out ahead of us and soon put our guys - and us - to shame, with our pokey about town.  Even with four days of close to 60* weather, we still have considerable snow on the ground.  Talk about perfect:  snow on the sides of the road, and dry road for playing on!
... and this is why I ride with a towel!!!

 Bionic Cowgirl

5 comments:

  1. That's funny! Yes, towels are our friends...It looks like a perfect day for riding. I do envy you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a novel idea using a towel! I rode my girl bareback and man oh man did my pants looked like I had an accident! Beautiful weather, perfect for riding!

    Now your just gonna have to come over and visit me!
    www.mydogarchie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Juanita...it looks like Beel has been wearing those pants for days and nights...and had an accident...thingy. Glad you guys had a great day! Woohoo for nice weather. Supposed to be 80s here today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could be brave enough to ride these hills of mine bareback. Old Beel's dirty britches reminds me of childhood. Lol

    ReplyDelete

I had to turn verification back on. Ten "spams" an hour is making me crazy...