Bill and Juanita, owners of Allenspark Lodge B&B, are living their dream...

running a successful business and riding as often as possible.



Sunday, April 14, 2013

What?

This is Ranger.  The horse.

On this day I am going to try to tell you how hard it is to talk to peoples.

Early in the before time I could not understand peoples AT ALL.  They are crazy and can not talk normally.  They mostly make barking sounds like dogs.  Who could understand that?

When a horse goes up to another horse and shows her tooths and the scary part of her eyes and puts her ears back against her head it means she is now going to hurt you bad.  When peoples walk up to you like that it means thay are happy to be near you and want to touch your face nice. 


Not really the same





Crazy.

Some one should explain to them that they are doing it wrong.

It is also hard for me to talk to them.  Even when I make sounds they get it wrong.  When Waneeta comes out of the people barn I holler to her.  She barks back something quiet and nice. 

I think she hears me saying HEY.  Like hello.

I am saying HAY.  Like use those thumbs and open the door in the food place and give me some HAY.

Now that I have been around peoples for a bunch of summers I am finally understanding them a little better.

They are not normal.

Ranger.  The horse.

8 comments:

  1. LOL yep, ranger, you got that right...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ranger. Waneeta understands you just fine. She's just telling you to hold your horses. *snicker*

    She's the one with the thumbs, which means she controls the food. Sorry, buddy, that's just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm laughing. Mostly because Ranger and Beel think exactly alike only different. They speak the same language or something. Ranger, you crack me up.

    I totally understand what you are saying because when you guys run around and buck in the spring...I think...yep, that's a long drop should I get bucked off today. Only you are just happy and like to run and fart. Maybe you and I have that last sentence in common.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ranger I love your posts, you should tell Beel & Waneeta to let you write more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to your blog and looking forward to catching up. This was hilarious! Loved the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OUT-loud-LAUGHING! Now my boss is going to wonder what I'm doing.
    When you're right you're RIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ranger, it's taken me years to get mine trained. Stick with it, eventually you'll teach them the sign for carrots. -- Lily

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving GunDiva's response :) I think Ranger and Beel understand eachother just fine... and Waneeta speaks the language too!

    I forgot to comment on the wildlife vid on the earlier post... and the darn word verification is killing me. So I think the vid was AMAZING! Are you even allowed to see wildlife without me there?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete

I had to turn verification back on. Ten "spams" an hour is making me crazy...