Bill and Juanita, owners of Allenspark Lodge B&B, are living their dream...

running a successful business and riding as often as possible.



Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Riding Weather

It's been over a week and a half since our last measurable snowfall. 
The temps have been getting up into the 70's.
I'm so happy I could cry.

Riding weather.

There is still a lot of snow in the elevations above 10,000 feet, but here at 8500 feet spring has finally arrived.

Grass starting to turn green.  No snow on ground. 

Life is good.

We took the horses out for an hour or two, and we were all feeling pretty good.  I was on Ranger and Juanita was riding Jesse and ponying Washoe.

We were loping along one stretch of winding trail and I pointed the camera behind me and took an off-hand shot.

Juanita and Jesse seem to be comfortable and in complete control of the situation.

Washoe, on the other hand...




 I'm not sure if he's just being a spaz, or it's just some sort of equine photo-bomb.

Happy Spring!

Bill

2 comments:

  1. Yippee!!! WASHOE was probably so excited he was being a free spirit and you caught it on camera! So glad you two are getting spring and out riding.

    ReplyDelete

I had to turn verification back on. Ten "spams" an hour is making me crazy...