Bill and Juanita, owners of Allenspark Lodge B&B, are living their dream...

running a successful business and riding as often as possible.



Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Snow & Moose

So after a couple of days of a May snow storm, we got more than three feet of new snow; about 18" on the ground now because it is melting and going away almost as fast as it came down.  The sun is sparkling and the sky BLUE!  I went out to feed, calling to the grays who are sun-bathing in the middle of their corral.  They come running up and then I get this:

"Hey, guys.  What do you see?"  I stare for awhile and don't see anything but snow falling from the trees.  Jesse figures there's nothing to hurt them and looks at me for food.  I go in the hay shed, cut the strings on a bale of hay, and look over my shoulder.
"Washoe, what is so interesting?"  
I put their hay in the feeder and they ignore me, so I stand and watch with them.  Soon there is a movement and out walks a very young moose.
I hurry home for a camera and Bill comes back with me.  I cropped this picture hoping it would really look like a moose.
Don't you just love it when your horses share information with you?  What a great start to the day.
Bionic Cowgirl


1 comment:

  1. Aw...da Moose. I am not all jiggy with that snow. You need sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

I had to turn verification back on. Ten "spams" an hour is making me crazy...