Bill and Juanita, owners of Allenspark Lodge B&B, are living their dream...

running a successful business and riding as often as possible.



Monday, April 18, 2016

April Showers (In the Rocky Mountains)

Last Thursday the temps were in the 70's and the sun was bright and the horses were napping and the birds were singing and all was well with my little world.





On Friday, we had a full lodge of "scrapbookers" show up for the weekend.

On Friday, it started to snow...
and it kept snowing...
and on Saturday, it was still snowing.
By Sunday, it slowed down.

We had two feet of accumulated snow on the back deck, so we may have had a total of 3 feet fall and melt/pack down.
       (This is why buildings should have outer doors that open inwardly in the mountains.)

The lumps are SUV's.

More SUV lumps.




Sunday is the day that all of the gal's had to check out and go back to their lives down the mountain.   Digging out took some time.  Juanita and I were so glad we had a granddaughter up here working so we could help our guests man the shovels.

By the way, have any of you shoveled out your driveway and then watched the snowplow drive by and block it again with a wall of snow?  We had just cleared a path for the dozen or so vehicles in our parking lot when I saw the snowplow start coming down our road.  He turned off at the street before us.

I want to write him into my will.

By noon, the guests had managed to escape
.
This morning the thaw has begun, and the piles are shrinking a little.  But the icicles are growing.
The back porch looks dangerous to our dog.  She RAN to get to the yard, and waited for me to open the door before she came back.



Can't say as I blame her.

Stay warm.

Bill


2 comments:

  1. Oh boy. I feel really bad about melting in the 80 degrees we have been having. Snork! But you know I love snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just SAD! Don't send any our way!!

    ReplyDelete

I had to turn verification back on. Ten "spams" an hour is making me crazy...