Bill and Juanita, owners of Allenspark Lodge B&B, are living their dream...

running a successful business and riding as often as possible.



Sunday, July 29, 2018

Been Too Long

B-  Hi ya, Ranger!  How's my old horse today?

R-  Good Beel.  The moose monster has not come back for many days.

B-  Yeah, you wore kind of freaked out about the yearling next to your pen last month.  First you hid behind a fence panel, and then you hid behind Alloy.

R-  I was not hiding.  I could see him better from those places.

B-  You bet.  And the moose got a look at two horses and one 800 pound chicken.  BAUUK-BUCK-AUUK!

R-  You would not have even seen the moose monster if I had not showed it to you. You are not observant.

R-  On the day before this day I wented for a walk with you sitting on me.

B-  Yeah.  It had been MONTHS since we went out.  I've been working with Alloy lately

R-  Al-nuts putted you on the dirt again.

B-  Yeah.  He's dumped me a half dozen or so times.  You "grounded" me 20 or so times.

R-  I have skills.

B-  It was very nice you didn't put any of those skills to work on me yesterday.  It was a very pleasant, short ride.  You did quite well for an old guy.

R-  I am not old.  I runned many times.

B-  You did break into a trot 3 or 4 times to catch up with my daughter and Skeeter.  But that was mostly because you were poking along.

R-  I was having a very nice walk.

B-  We should do that again soon.

R-  The picnic at the end was a good part.  That is what we should do again.


2 comments:

  1. That’s awesome. Golden oldie. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful you two got out for a ride again! He is a handsome beauty!

    ReplyDelete

I had to turn verification back on. Ten "spams" an hour is making me crazy...