Bill and Juanita, owners of Allenspark Lodge B&B, are living their dream...

running a successful business and riding as often as possible.



Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sheepskinin' It

We have a friend who rides on a sheepskin when he does bareback, instead of a bareback pad. Looked like fun and much less fuss than the pad, besides neither of my horses really like their bareback pad because of the silly 'fishing line' stitching on the cinch buckles. So yesterday, Bill and I tried out some pieces of sheepskin we had left from our motorcycle days. It's great! I loved the feel and even the look.
 Washoe seemed to really like the freedom as we tried a short trot cross-country.

2 comments:

  1. Glad it worked out for you. I h-a-t-e-d it, but I did give it a go. While the padding was nice, the slippage wasn't worth it. I guess I get to go back to dirtying my jeans when I ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Have never tried it. I gave up the pad long ago too and forego dirty pants like GunDiva. Will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete

I had to turn verification back on. Ten "spams" an hour is making me crazy...