Bill and Juanita, owners of Allenspark Lodge B&B, are living their dream...

running a successful business and riding as often as possible.



Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Never Woulda Guessed

Yesterday Juanita and I got to do the "go to town for supplies" run together.  That is very unusual for this time of year, and was a welcome break from the day to day stuff of running the lodge.

We went to Ft. Collins to visit her mom, who took us out to lunch at "Vern's", just north of town.  A restaurant/cafe/truck stop that has been around for many, many years.  Always good food.

When we walked in, I saw on the specials board that they were serving a "CFS Burger with Bacon and Cajun Mayo".

Okay, I thought.  Bacon and Cajun.  What could possibly go wrong.

As it turns out CFS  is country fried steak.  They battered a hamburger, deep fried it until it was extra crispy,  smothered it in crushed crispy bacon bits, and slathered it with a Cajun spiced mayonnaise.  Served with french fries.

OHM EYE GAWD!!!

That may have been the best burger I have ever had!!!

 I rarely go into the kitchen uninvited.  (It's against health code rules and such).  But I couldn't help myself.  I thanked the cooks, and told them that was the best burger EVAH!

Sitting here this morning, I can still feel my arteries clogging and my cholesterol level must be approaching 1000.  

But it was so worth it.


Bill 

5 comments:

  1. My arteries are clogging just thinking about it, but it sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I'll take your word that it was delicious because I don't think I'd survive trying one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jay wanted to go to Vern's for dinner last night just so he could have this, but I got home too late. We're headed there tomorrow and hoping we can talk them into making him one. We'll take pictures, though, since you didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. I need one of those. Good night that sounds like a slice of heaven right there.

    ReplyDelete

I had to turn verification back on. Ten "spams" an hour is making me crazy...