Bill and Juanita, owners of Allenspark Lodge B&B, are living their dream...

running a successful business and riding as often as possible.



Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Seek and...

Juanita and I play a game when we walk back into the mountains to find our horses. We calm ourselves, clear our minds and "listen" for the horses.  Juanita sometimes gets vague pictures of where they are, and I get a gut feeling as to the direction.  We walk back to the same point a couple miles in and start our search.  Now, I don't really buy into this "woo-woo" stuff, but I'll be darned if it doesn't seem to work more often than not.  Last trip up a couple weeks ago, my gut feeling was that they were a "good ways" west of us, and we found them about a mile and a half directly west.  Weird.  Probably just because we know the horses and the 15 square miles of mountain land they hang out on.  Probably.

   Today we went up and I tried to get a location for the horses.  I got the feeling of confidence.  Just that. As if they were saying "We are right here. OF COURSE you will find us.  Even a flat faced barn ape like you should be able to find us." (Ranger can be pretty brusque with me).  We got to our starting mountainside, and began our search.  "Juanita, I'm going to look down this valley here, 'cause they are RIGHT HERE."  Nope, they weren't.  Up another hundred yards.  "Juanita, I'm going to look down this hillside next to us 'cause they are RIGHT HERE."  They were.  They had never been on that hillside before when we were up there, and it was right above the cliff we were walking under when I felt the "confidence" feeling that we would find them. Couldn't hear or see them from where we were walking. Woo-Woo stuff.  Maybe my sense of smell is better than I think.  Not too bad for a flat-faced barn ape.







   Treats around, good rubs, snuggles and we were done.  Ranger's cut has closed and should be just a fine white line in another month or so.  Great weather, great company, great day.







Woo-Woo,
Bill

1 comment:

  1. Who are you and what have you done with Bill? He doesn't believe in this touchy-feely woo-woo stuff. I think Mom's rubbing off on you!

    ReplyDelete

I had to turn verification back on. Ten "spams" an hour is making me crazy...