Juanita started this blog with our oldest daughter, "GunDiva" On the 9th of November, back in '08.
A recipe, I think.
After a month and a half or so, she started giving me a hard time about not posting anything. So I did. "Hunt Camp"
My skill as a bard even amazes ME.
Five hundred posts.
Juanita and I thought a giveaway is in order to celebrate. We are each picking out five of our favorite blogs; right, out of 499. We then thought we would let you decide which of those (or any others) you liked best. We will then choose, at random, three of you who leave us a comment - and send you an Allenspark Lodge B&B t-shirt.
Some of the posts Juanita likes best...
I thought this would be quick and easy! Ha! It has been really, really hard. I found myself mostly picking blogs that brought back fun memories in our horse life - or traumatic moments.
1) Cattle Drive (12/2/08) Something that had always been a dream of mine.
2) Hay-L's Bales One of those many, many lessons learning to live with horses.
3) Back in the Saddle Again This one is particularly poignant for me. Six weeks after my 2nd hip replacement (with the 1st one just six weeks prior to that), I was back on my horse! I also adopted the name Bionic Cowgirl.
4) 1st Annual High Country Rendezvous Our very own first gathering of bloggers to enjoy riding the high country together!
5) Worst. Picnic. Ever. The day I truly earned my new name.
Some of the posts "GunDiva" likes best...
1) Anthropomorphism Love the horse boarding :)
2) Touch One of my faves about clicker training. It's a shame it didn't get more views (only 20).
3) Joust No Darn Fun This was pre-Bill's Fine Art, but since I had a front row seat for the
action I don't need any pictures. However, it might be time for Bill to
illustrate this particular story.
4) Guess Who's Graduating? How often do you get to see your Mom graduate from college?
5) We Play Touch Ranger's so damn expressive
Bonus) Can't-tering (because I hadn't chosen one with my girl in it)
Some of the posts Bill likes best...
I like most of my posts because, well, I crack myself up.
1) Rodeo 101 Shows my fine appreciation for the good things in life.
2) It Worth It Shows my fine appreciation for the good things in life.
3) Why Ride Shows my fine appreciation for the good things in life.
4) Vacation, A point of view 'Cause I'm glad I survived.
5) Foot Shows my skill as a farrier
Comment on YOUR favorite (these or any others), and we will choose 3 comments at random.
Enter as often as you want, but I'm only gunna write your name on a slip one time 'cause I'm lazy that way.
Last day for entries-Monday, February 25th, 2013.